...And, most important of all: “Wouldn’t it be nice if all those people who roam the streets of New York, talking to themselves, were paired off so that they could walk around in couples and look like they’re having a conversation?”
Lily Tomlin used that line in her act back in 1975, little did she know three decades later cell phones would be so ubiquitous pairing off people would be an unnecessary bother.
I have the cell phone but I try to use it sparingly, especially in public places. Others don’t seem to be restrained by good manners and having wonderfully quiet moments on the train or just around the city seem to be something relegated to the past.
So, when I came across this compilation of clips (some of which I had seen), I just had to share:
2 comments:
These clips are hysterical!! This is the way it is nowadays. I always get stuck sitting at the airport or waiting in line next to one of these a-holes.
Kurtzman always said that "truth" was funny.
Hey Vince!
Unfortunately, Trigger Happy TV only ran for a season or two but, I have to say I loved the show.
The skits with people in animal costumes are just hilarious.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been commuting and hear the words, ‘I’m on the train’ and have to quell the compulsion to respond loudly, ‘Thanks for the update Einstein!’
I realize it’s not the cell phones themselves, just peoples’ urge to speak loudly into them for fear the party on the other end can’t hear them.
Always glad when you ‘drop by.’ :)
Post a Comment